Friday, August 6, 2010

Is there a voice recognition application for controlling your XP desktop?

On my mobile phone I have voice recognition which not only dials various names in my address book, but it can also activate various programs in the phone's system.





Can you get a similar application for windows XP? I know that programs such as dragon are great for dictating letters and using spreadsheets etc, but can they be ';interfaced'; with the OS so that you could, for example, say ';Start, Firefox'; and it would go to your start menu and open your browser?





I would have though that it phones can do it a desktop PC could, but I could just be living in Star Trek world.Is there a voice recognition application for controlling your XP desktop?
There is some free software here for this http://www.e-speaking.com/Is there a voice recognition application for controlling your XP desktop?
Try Responding Heads - it's free (read the user opinions)


http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Respond鈥?/a>





.....And if you are living in Star Trek world, would you mind putting in a good word for me with Yeoman Rand?
The best out there is Dragon: Naturally Speaking but it's a pricey bugger. Probably can pick it up on IsoHunt or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment