Friday, August 6, 2010

Controlling an application via an excel VBA Macro?

I'm sure the answer is out there but I don't know the right lingo to find it. I want to use an excel macro to send a command to another program. The program in question is a securities trading application. I want to be able to type a list of symbols in excel and hit a button saying ';buy everything in this list';. I know such interfaces are possible I have seen Excel sheets that already do it, I am just trying to create a new program for myself. I have not had any success trying to figure out how to create it although I would assume it's done through a VBA macro.





Can anybody point me in a direction?Controlling an application via an excel VBA Macro?
You need to get the format for submitting it at the other end. The Excel side would be pretty easy to do once you know how the data needs to be formatted. Does the other end provide an open source interface you can use?

No comments:

Post a Comment