Friday, August 6, 2010

Can i use advantage flea control on both my dog and cat, or do I need to buy 2 different applications?

different strengths for cat %26amp; dog


check w/ vetCan i use advantage flea control on both my dog and cat, or do I need to buy 2 different applications?
DO NOT use the same treatment for your cat as you do for your dog. That is unless you want a dead cat. They are two completely different treatments.Can i use advantage flea control on both my dog and cat, or do I need to buy 2 different applications?
i agree check with your vet on the doseages
to much on the cat could possibly be toxic





and may not kill it right away but over time........


could lead to health problems just get 2 diff kinds
They do make one just for cats and one just for dogs.


So I'm assuming there is something different in each that's why the advantage people make them separate. You don't want to use the dog one on the cat and it harms the cat or the other way around.Because it does go on the weight of the animal.


So i would just use the appropriate one on them.
it dosent matter
You need to buy 2 diff ones
You could probably use it on both but its best that you buy one for cats and one or dogs.
HI YOU WILL NEED TO BUT TWO DIFFERENT APPLICATIONS.


HOWEVER I KNOW THIS CAN BE EXPENSIVE DO YOU KNOW ANY ONE IN FRANCE


FRANCE MAKE FRONTLINER AND IT IS HALF THE U.K PRICE AT ALL TIMES.


I HOPE THIS HELPS
They make two different kinds; one for cats and one for dogs. They are both different strengths. Your best bet is your vet. You can do research on the Internet to get and idea of what they are like, but CHECK WITH YOUR VET! Hope this helps!
Definitely by two different thing i put some dog stuff on my cat and it made it really really sick. It was shaking and throwing up everywhere
Definitely different per animal (one for cats one for dogs), and it varies by weight, be careful because cats cannot be around a dog that has just had a treatment...Definitely read the instructions!!!
I was told by a vet that the chemical makeup of Advantage or Frontline is the same for dogs and cats. the only difference is the AMOUNT of the liquid. He recommended that to save money I should buy the large breed dog Frontline and use half on my 50 pound dog and split the remainder between my two 10 pound cats. This has worked for me and my pets for a year w/o any problems. I even checked on 1800petmeds and if you check the chemical description on the products, it's the same for dogs and cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment